TCNJ’s expectations for fulfilling the human subjects research training requirement
- All research team members involved in the design, conduct, recording, or reporting of an active research study must be certified through a qualifying training provider (e.g., CITI or NIH), and the certification can be no more than 3 years old.
- Administrative Staff are not required to complete training.
- Human subjects research training must be renewed every three (3) years upon initial certification expiration, as long as the study team member is involved on an active study.
- If your certification becomes >3 years old during the course of an ongoing study you must submit a new certification through the link below to maintain active certification status. An active study that has researchers with lapsed certifications may be suspended by the IRB until current certifications are received.
Please upload your valid NIH or CITI human subjects training certificate.
*You will no longer upload your certificate with your proposal. PLEASE ALLOW 7 BUSINESS DAYS FOR YOUR CERTIFICATE TO APPEAR IN iMedris. Once you have uploaded your certificate, you do not need to do so again until your certificate has expired (the certificate is valid for 3 years).
Steps for registering for CITI training:
- Click on the “USING CITI” link above. Click “Register”
- Find “The College of New Jersey” under Search for Organization box.
- Click “I agree to terms of service” button.
- Decide on ID, password, etc., to complete registration. If you are collaborating with a non-TCNJ researcher who needs to complete a human subjects training, they may also use the TCNJ CITI account and log in using their own personal address. If you have a non-TCNJ person use the CITI training as a component of your research together, please send an email to email@example.com with the affiliates name and institutional/organizational affiliation each time any person who uses CITI that is not a TCNJ employee or student.